The College of Policing is working in partnership with police forces across England and Wales. All Home Office police forces in England and Wales are eligible to take part in the programme. Participation is voluntary and, as such, the number of forces and the total number of available places varies from year to year.

The 18-month programme is a blend of classroom learning delivered at the College of Policing’s regional training centres, and operational training and development in your chosen police force. You’ll spend 70% of your training in force on operational rotations – performing core police duties to learn first-hand what policing is all about. The remaining 30% of your time will be primarily consist of taught lessons delivered at one of the College of Policing’s sites.

 

Police forces participating in 2017:

Avon & Somerset Police
Essex Police
Greater Manchester Police
Hertfordshire Constabulary
Lancashire Constabulary
Leicestershire Police
Metropolitan Police Service
Thames Valley Police
West Yorkshire Police

 

The College of Police is running events so you can hear first-hand from serving Direct Entry superintendents. You’ll be able to find out more about life in the police service, the Direct Entry programmes and training, the job role itself and the application process.

Previously, these events have been oversubscribed so we recommend that you email as early as possible to secure your place. Simply email talent@college.pnn.police.uk with your preference.    

 

Thursday 26th January
Hampshire
Novotel Southampton
1 West Quay Road
Southampton SO15 1RA
Registration from 18.00  
Event timings: 18.30 – 21.30
Saturday 28th January
West Midlands
Copthorne Hotel Birmingham
Paradise Circus
Birmingham B3 3HJ
Registration from 09.30  
Event timings: 10.00 – 13.00
Saturday 4th February
London (morning session)
Thistle Euston Hotel
Cardington Street
Euston
London NW1 2LP
Registration from 09.00
Event timings: 09.30 - 12.30
Saturday 4th February
London (afternoon session)
Thistle Euston Hotel
Cardington Street
Euston
London NW1 2LP
Registration from 14.00
Event timings: 14.30 - 17.30
Thursday 9th February
South Yorkshire
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel and Spa
119 Norfolk Street
Sheffield S1 2JE
Registration from 18.00
Event timings: 18.30 – 21.30
Saturday 18th February
Warwick (morning session)
Warwick Hilton Hotel
Stratford Road
Warwick CV34 6RE
Free venue parking
Registration from 09.00
Event timings: 09.30 - 12.30
Saturday 18th February
Warwick (afternoon session)
Warwick Hilton Hotel
Stratford Road
Warwick CV34 6RE
Free venue parking
Registration from 14.00
Event timings: 14.30 - 17.30
Wednesday 22nd February
Worcester
West Mercia Police HQ
Hindlip Hall
Hindlip
Worcester WR3 8SP
Free venue parking
Registration from 18.00
Event timings: 18.30 – 21.30
Tuesday 28th February
Manchester
The Midland
Peter Street
Manchester M60 2DS
Registration from 18.00
Event timings: 18.30 – 21.30